Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Looking at the Brighter Side: 6 Benefits of Being Jobless

Just recently, the you-know-what company where I worked as a content writer was shut down and the people there including me became jobless instantaneously. Everyone was so furious to you-know-who. His actions were unforgivable. The abandonment was like a worst nightmare for all of us. How can we be insulted by aliens on our very own land? But the old fool's story has ended. Lessons for him shall be taught in a separate section.

While most went on panic hunting for jobs, I happened to scan through a bible for the jobless people. I saw the light. Being jobless won't give you miserable life at all, at least for me. These I see could be the best benefits of being jobless:

  1. I can sleep limitless. Good sleep and rest are great foundation of a sound mind a healthy body. I guess, no one would argue with that. After, I have realized that our office was closed (the thefts have ran away with the hard drives and monitors), I still have a lot of reasons to rejoice. I can sleep like there's no tomorrow. For that, I can think, plan, and design my dreams for the future. (That would mean, getting another job, though.)
  2. I can save a lot of expenses. Reporting to office can be expensive at times. You have to pay for your transportation, buy clothes to dress up, and spend for your food and beverages during the tea breaks. Now, that I don't have work, I can save big chunks of money that I can spend to other things that can truly make me happy. The question though is, where would I get my budget now?
  3. I can have quality time for myself, friends, and family. For the past four months, I worked in a graveyard shift. I wasn't able to go to the mall or movies in months, I wasn't able to hang out with my friends for what is so called the night life (even on weekends, I felt always tired, sick and lazy because of the whole weeknight's work so I stayed home), and I wasn't able to go home to my hometown (That is pretty sad, in a year, I can barely see my mother's cheerful face). Now that, I am jobless, I am free for all, anytime of the day. I can download as many movies and music as well for my own eyes and ears to feast.
  4. I can be Internet savvy in a deepest of the deepest state. We all know that the World Wide Web houses everything-jobs, money, would-be friends or followers, information, entertainment, and anything under the sun. Now that I am jobless, I can make use of the Internet to the fullest. Everyday is all about learning and discovering new things. Now, I feel elated.
  5. I can save a lot of energy or efforts. I don't have to take a jeepney or taxi ride to go to work. I don't have to climb the stairs all the way to the third floor of that you-know-what building. I don't have to wash so many uniforms and clothes and underwear. (If I'm home alone, I get used to clad myself scantily for I believe that less clothes means less laundry). With these being said, I regret being on that place.
  6. I was able to freed myself from seeing the ugly things out there. When I was at work, I saw jealousy, greed, betrayal, pains, deception, anger, hopelessness and grandiosity. Perhaps, if not for some of those who befriended me, I wouldn't have a place there. It's sad.

Indeed, being jobless somehow has benefited me. I am one of the jobless people who sees the light ahead. I am taking things positively. The law of attraction says what you resist persists. Perceiving job loss as a fortune rather than a bad luck could mean great things. It's a good way to start-LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB.  

4 comments:

  1. Be positive!
    Moving on is the most exciting part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Gurl. For now, I'll walk straight ahead and I won't look back. Someday, my fierce eyes will meet those of the tigers. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that's an enlightenment! hahaha being positive always leads you to something great. keep it up mikee! aza! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. nan! it's great to know that something useful, and better at that, came out after what happed to you-know-what! Keep it up, Mike. Who knows this blog will be useful someday!

    ReplyDelete